Women to El Plomo
El Plomo is a hill that, those of us who have the possibility of walking through Santiago de Chile, can see it from various points of the city and from almost the entire Central Valley. This hill is a good high mountain challenge and has great symbolism and history.
The vestiges date that important ceremonial rites took place in this area, in honor of the sun or the gods, and it is said that some human sacrifices would also have occurred as an offering.
Women to El Plomo is a four-day proposal. Its level of difficulty is medium – high.
Day 1: Las Condes - La Parva (2,750 m) - Piedra Numerada (3300 m)
We will meet at 07:00 hrs. at Mall Sport to leave at 07:30 hrs. In the direction of La Parva ski center, Lo Barnechea. We will arrive at the La Águilas chairlift parking lot, where we will leave the common load for the muleteer and adjust our personal backpacks to start the march. We will begin the ascent towards the San Francisco lagoon where we will take a break and then continue towards Piedra Numerada, where we will set up our first camp. Once installed, they will be free to walk around the place and be enchanted by the landscape. With this first day, we begin our acclimatization.
Day 2: Piedra Numerada (3300 m) - Federation Camp (4100 m)
The day begins at 07.00, with a rich breakfast that we will prepare to face the activity of this day. Then we will disarm camp and prepare our equipment to continue the ascent towards the high camp of the Federation. Once there, armed the camp we will settle in to continue acclimatization. We will have lunch at noon and then do a short acclimatization trek to La Hoya. Returning to Federation they are free to rest or walk around, they will be able to see a beautiful sunset.
Day 3: Federación (4100 m) - El Plomo Summit (5424 m) - Federación (4100 m)
We start the day at dawn with breakfast. We bundle up, equip and prepare to begin the ascent to the summit. We will make the first stop at the Agostini Refuge. At this strategic point we will evaluate the conditions of the group, those who do not feel well at this point, either due to height or physical condition, will return with a guide to Camp Federación. We will continue the ascent to La Pirca, where we will make a stop and prepare to cross the glacier (use of crampons and poles).
After the last climb we will reach the top of Cerro El Plomo. Depending on the weather conditions, we will estimate the time spent at the summit. We return to the High Federation camp to rest and have dinner. We will spend the night there.
Day 4: Federation Camp (4100 m) - La Parva (2750 m)
After a good rest and a good breakfast, we started
the last day. After setting up camp, we get ready to return passing through Piedra Numerada, Tres Puntas and finally we go down to the Las Águilas La Parva chairlift. We drive to our final point at Mall Sport.
- Transportation from Mall Sport to La Parva.
- Professional Mountain guides, guide assistant and camp assistant throughout the expedition.
- Main meals throughout the expedition (breakfast and dinner)
- Height tents
- Kitchen tent
- Mules for loading common equipment
- First Aid Kit (does not include personal / specific medications)
- Permanent VHF communication.
Services NOT Included
- Marching meals
- Transportation to the meeting point (Mall Sport) and back to their homes.
- Personal equipment (see below)
- Carrying personal equipment (each one takes their own backpack, if you want the mule or a porter
- to carry your personal backpack, the cost is recharged separately)
- Personal medication for each client.
- Personal insurance
- Any other extra cost if the passenger abandons the expedition.
- Telephone communications.
- Any other service not specified in this document.